Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Week of Inward Looking Day 1 (if a day late)

I'm taking this week to follow something that my friend Patti started last year (or was a part of last year) that she revived for this year. Every day for this next week there will be a question to answer. I'm answering them here so I actually write. Hope you enjoy. 

Inward Looking

Question 1
Where have I learned and lived in 2012? In my head, in my body, or both? What would living more fully in my body in 2013 bring to me? How can I embody life and learning as I move through this liminal space between now and next? How can I more fully learn from the neck down in 2013?

2012. 
This year I lived in my head. I had to pay attention to what it was doing when I wasn't looking. There has been a lot of changes this year in my life and being bipolar, change can turn into a mood swing if I'm not careful. 

But this year, I've learned to pay attention to the rest of me. I am more than just my bipolar/chemically different brain. I've started reading The End of Illness and I realize that I am a system. My gut has more serotonin in it than my brain. If there is something wrong with my feet, then I should probably get off of them and help them heal. 

2013 will be my year to heal. I will heal my body from my constant aches and pains by wearing comfy shoes. By going to yoga (which I found out I love after going to a class for a fundraiser). By just moving more. I will heal the mind/body disconnect. I will not ignore my mind, but encompass it into my body. I will meld together and heal and grow. 

I look forward to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment