Saturday, March 9, 2013

Let's Pretend This Did Happen

Caution: Fan-girling Ahead




I've been a fan of The Bloggess (aka Jenny Lawson) for a while. Ever since she posted about Beyonce (did you know that Beyonce doesn't trigger the spellcheck? That's how you know you made it. Unfortunately  "Bloggess" is not recognized. Work on this Google.).

Because, in case you really haven't know me for more than a week, I have conversations like this every day of my life. And truly, I'm surprised that my friend Jen and didn't already buy a giant metal chicken for our dorm room because we totally knew a place that sold them. So basically, Jenny Lawson stole our idea before we actually had it.

When I heard her book was coming out (Jenny Lawson's not Jen's. Jen doesn't have a book yet) I squeeed. And when I got my hands on an ARC because working at a bookstore does have some awesome perks, I jumped for joy. And really squeeed. A lot. Then I read it. And then I reviewed it and actually got more people to read the book because of it. WOOHOO.

So last week I got to meet her at the Paramus Barnes&Noble book signing. Now, I really didn't know what to expect. But she made me happier in person. And also spurred me to write about my bipolar story sooner rather than later. (It's a work in progress)

She loved my Sandman inspired tattoo. And my Friendship is Magic/Doctor Who shirt. And I gave her a Doctor Who blind bag thing that had "small balls." I took a bad picture of it.

You can't see it, but it does have small balls.


And she's following me on twitter. I got really excited over that. It's like I'm one step away from being vaguely internet famous. Not that she doesn't follow a thousand other people, but whatevers. 


And I also am convinced that cannot be a good posed picture of me. Like ever. 
Ugh. Crooked glasses! So not photogenic. (I'm on the left. Ms Lawson is the photogenic one)

So I guess the moral of the story is practice posing for pictures. And get my glasses fixed. And maybe exercise. 

Oh, and if you haven't yet. Read her damned book. It's in paperback now. You have no excuse.


7 comments:

  1. EEEE, that's so awesome! My most frequent spellcheck issues are things like "Elka". Because I'm an almost-famous dog blogger as well. Oh, spellcheck as well obviously, but only when I'm using Firefox. Chrome knows where it's at.

    I did read her book, and encourage others to do so, at the library! Actually, I wonder if my library even still has its copy. /checks Yes. It's on the shelf. I need to do something about that when next I'm at work, clearly.

    Man, I wish I had a book out. Query letters are hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can write fake blurbs for you.

      "This book rocked my socks off! It's like The Help meets 50 Shades of Grey"

      Delete
    2. "If you hated Twilight, this book is for you!"

      Delete
    3. "10 out of 10 unicorns in space on rainbows agree: THIS BOOK IS AMAZING"

      Delete
    4. Those are the best blurbs ever!

      *snerk* The Help meets 50 Shades of Grey. Can you imagine that book? SHOULD you imagine that book?

      (Especially the Twilight one)

      (it didn't tell me you commented on my comments. )

      Delete
    5. (that's... stupid.)

      seeing how i read neither book, i would have no idea how it would cross over.

      Delete
    6. I read The Help, which was not bad.

      We have a Fifty Shades game at work, where we flip one of the books open to a random page and read a sentence out loud. It's hilariously bad.

      Delete