Tuesday, June 5, 2012

30 Things to do 'Cause I'm 30

I've been thinking about this whole being 30 thing since January. I'm kinda fixated on it. 30. Still a lot of years for something that I'm repeatedly told is "still a baby."

But 30 is important. I want it to be important. So I've decided to do thirty new things this year. I have until May 28, 2013 to accomplish these goals. Also to figure out thirty things. Because I don't have thirty items yet, more like twenty-five.

So in not much of an order here are my 30 THINGS TO DO 'CAUSE I'M 30!!


  • Get my passport
  • Travel to a different country
  • Get Motorcycle license 
  • Take a yoga class with Kurt
  • Take a spin class (with or without Kurt)
  • Go on a food tour ala Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives
  • Wine Tour! 
  • See Niagara Falls
  • Go whale watching
  • Visit Atlantic City
  • Learn how to operate a sewing machine
  • Make a quilt
  • Volunteer 
  • Go to a beer fest
  • Write a novel
  • Run a 5K
  • Sing Karaoke 
  • Learn to kickbox
  • Go to a Comic Con 
  • Go hot air ballooning
  • Become a bone marrow donor
  • Learn how to play a ukulele 
  • Cook through my cookbooks
  • Take a bookbinding class
  • Buy a metal chicken
  • Ride a horse, camel, and/or and elephant
  • Pay off all my credit cards
  • Watch all the Criterion Collection 
  • ????
  • Profit

So there we are. 24ish things to do because I'm 30. If you have more suggestions, please do tell! I'm gonna document this whole thing here too. So I'll be held accountable. Also, if anyone wants to join me in my adventures and/or can help these things become a reality (damn, these things can get expensive) I will love you more than I already do and thank you forever. 

9 comments:

  1. If you're not so much a runner (or just a little bit of a runner), I highly suggest using the c25k (couch to 5k) program for running- its fantastic and works (when I completed it, I would run a 5k comfortably with a walk break or 3, depending.... Now I run a 5k at least once a week with no walk break- and I hated running before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another friend of mine just suggested the same thing! And I have other friends who have done it as well. I'm glad to know that it works from yet another mouth!

      I just need to buy new sneakers now...

      Delete
  2. Hot air balloon? Sky dive? Swim with dolphins? See a specific famous work of art?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have hot air balloon on my list :p

      I KNOW.

      BUY A METAL CHICKEN!

      Delete
    2. Hey, I know where you can find a few! ;)

      (seriously, I didn't see hot air balloon. And then it just came to me "oh, she should ride a hot air balloon")

      Geeze. Ride an elephant. Or a camel.

      Delete
    3. I never went horseback riding either. maybe i should do that? horses smell funny though. I'm not good with animals like that.

      Delete
    4. You've never been horseback riding? Wow. Yeah, add that to your list, if it something you won't feel horribly uncomfortable doing.

      (horses smell like...horse. I dunno.)

      Delete
  3. If you ever come visit me, I could bring you to a restaurant featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.

    The Sink: http://www.thesink.com/

    Want to climb a mountain? I can arrange that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't know if i want to climb a mountain. Your mountains out there are pretty damn high. Nor am I really a hiker. I'll let you know if i change my mind.

      But if I ever do visit we should totally eat at that place!

      Delete